Leafy Vegetable plants are easy plants and grow in small space in your home, such as terrace or backyard or even a windowsill.
Moreover, leafy plants look beautiful in your home as they grow in clusters, and can be grown as decorative plant also.
Methi (fenugreek) is a widely used condiment for adding flavour to dishes and rich in nutrition.
1. Methi requires a moderately cool climate to thrive. Sow the seeds in a well-drained, loamy or sandy soil for better yield.
2. Germinate 1-3 days. Harvest in 25-30 days.
Spinach/Palak is at the top of ranking list for nutrient richness among vegetables.
1. Spinach plants prefer full sun, cool nights, and moderate watering.
2. It is important that the growing medium is well drained and has humus content.
3. Germination 1-3 days. Harvest 30-40 days. You can harvest them multiple times.
3. They can be grown in any season, but summer is best to get broad green leaves.
Red Amaranthus: The Super food and a Powerhouse of Iron, Vitamins and Minerals. The seeds of red amaranth are also consumed as cereal grains (rajgira).
1. Red amaranth plant thrive in warm climatic conditions and is suitable for most Indian climates.
2. Germinate in 5-6 days. Harvest in 30-40 Days.
Coriander is a complete package of nutrients such as eleven components of essential oils, ascorbic acid (better known as Vitamin C), minerals, and important vitamins.
Planting Guide:1. Coriander grows well in dry and cool weather.
2. Germination 10-15 days. Harvest 30-35 days onwards upto 3-4 times.
3. Watering should be done at regular intervals of 2-3 days.